Fontanazzo has got the Dolciaria Fassana, bakery for cakes (very cheap) + little shop for typical products (not as cheap as in supermarket but definetly top quality).
Campitello is the closest source of good food being at less than 10mins walk – excellent meat in the local butcher and at least a couple of brilliant bakeries - you have to try all of them to understand what I mean. Larger supermarkets are in the larger towns Canazei and Pozza. However, the largest supermaket is on the road to Vigo (very close to Pozza).
Please click here for a larger map (printable).
In Fontanazzo there is a pub/pizzeria for the evening last minute arrangement. I personally tried and advise:
- Pizza in Campitello (La cantinetta and Il Campione) and especially in Pozza (Le Giare)
- Typical local food in Alba di Canazei (La Bolp – cheap in the set menu – excellent) and in Pozza (Le Giare)
Pleanty of pubs and discos in Canazei, among which:
- Lieber Augustin, very friendly (like in Rimini) disco/pub – perfect for the youngsters
- Husky pub, excellent beer and live music
- Spekeller, famous “apres ski” + until late night disco
Campitello also offers good nightlife with three pubs/bars and a disco-pub one floor below “La Cantinetta” restaurant.
There are plenty of Spas in the valley. I left a full list in the apartment and you can get a copy at any information centre. My two favourites are the following:
There is cosy spa in Campitello just in front the cable car parking (below a 4 star hotel). A larger centre was open few years ago in Canazei and also has a long swimming pool. The wellness centre includes all kind of hot/cold roman/arabic/turkish/etc… baths and has the habit of accepting only fully naked people (apart of a section for women only).